Pathwright includes 8 distinct member roles. This article shares provides guidance on how to perform common actions with all roles and answers frequently asked questions.
What member roles are available?
How do I add members?
Need to invite additional admins or library editors? See how to add additional admins and editors to your account.
Need to invite learners, moderators, or teachers to a course? See how to invite someone to your course.
Need to add yourself to a course as the teacher? See how to make yourself the teacher in an existing course.
How do I remove or restore access for a member?
Need to remove or restore access for any member? See how to remove and restore access for any Pathwright member.
How do I change an existing member's role?
Instructions for switching account-wide roles are included here: how to change account-wide roles.
Instructions for switching a member's role within a course are included here: how to switch a member's role in a course.
Other frequently asked questions about roles
I'm an admin or editor. Why can't I...(teach a new course? take a course as a learner?)
- Admins and editors will need to create a Teacher enrollment in each cohort in order to have it listed under their Teach tab, receive notifications from the class, and be listed as a teacher at the top of the Path.
- If you need to add yourself to a class as the Teacher, paste the Teacher invitation link into a new browser tab while logged in and you will be automatically enrolled.
- If an admin or library editor would like to additionally take a course as a learner or as a moderator, he will need to set up a separate learner account under a different email address. Otherwise, their role will override learner settings.
What's the difference between moderators and teachers?
- Moderators are unique in that they can take the course as a learner while in "Learn" mode and teach while in "Teach" mode.
- Teachers do not have "Learn" mode, but they do have a learner preview mode. They can view - but not complete - the course as a learner. They can also switch to "Edit" mode and edit the path for their cohort by adding, deleting, and reorganizing steps and lessons.
- Teachers who want to take the same course they are teaching will need to use a separate learner account under a different email address in order to track their progress.