The Multiple Choice question Block can be used as part of an assessment to check learners' understanding and recall. You can also use a Multiple Choice Block to make a True/False question or Matching question with one item in the question and the matching item in the answer options.
Consider using questions throughout the course - not just in scored assessments! - to keep learners engaged and on track, just as you would do by asking questions in the classroom.
How to add a Multiple Choice question Block
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Assessment" then "Multiple Choice." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the question template text with a question of your own or instructions. Add answer options. Toggle on the checkmark to the right of the correct answer option.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
- Ask a question with one correct answer and two or more answer options.
- Add, edit, and delete possible answer options.
- Quickly reuse a question in the same step by clicking the copy button and editing the copy.
- Optionally add an answer explanation. This will display after the question is answered, depending on your choices in the step settings.
- Require review or let the step autograde the response based on completion.
- Receive notification when an answer is submitted and leave comments, a video, audio, or file in your response, and assign points (optional).
- Select one answer option and submit their answer.
- Complete the assignment in order to mark the step complete.
- Depending on your choices in the step settings, learners can reset their response to take again and view the answer explanation immediately, if provided.
- View points and feedback by email and in-app, when applicable.
Q. How do I adjust points and grading notifications?
A. Open the step settings to adjust these settings and more for the step.
Q. Can I mark more than one option as correct?
A. Not with a Multiple Choice question, but you can add a Checkboxes question in order to add a question with multiple correct answers.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.