Your Pathwright account now comes with one of the most powerful and beautiful content designers available: Blocks. With Blocks, you can quickly design content that is:
- Engaging: convert plain old articles into interactive readings by dropping in flash cards, tabbed sections, quotes, image carousels, and more.
- Reusable: copy and paste an existing Block anywhere to create an editable copy.
- Fits any screen: all Blocks dynamically adapt to any screen size so your learners can keep on learning on any device, including the phone in their pocket.
- Fully integrated with our Review tools: use the Review screen to view each learner's responses and optionally enter a grade or leave private feedback.
- Designed with templates to help you use Blocks well.
Read more about Blocks in our Blocks Announcement post.
Get started with Blocks
Anyone on your Pathwright account who is an Administrator, Editor, or Course Editor can use Blocks to design content. Teachers can also use Blocks when they create custom learning steps for their Cohort.
To access Blocks within your Pathwright account:
- Create a new Course or open an existing one to the Path.
- Create a new Lesson and add a new Step (Watch, Read, etc...), or add a Step to an existing Lesson.
- Open the Step, and you'll see our Blocks builder with 35+ block types to choose from. Select any Block to start customizing.
*Need to convert your older Pathwright content to Blocks? Find Tips for converting old content to Blocks here.
Tips for designing new content with Blocks
Once you have the Blocks builder open, you'll have 9 categories with 35+ total Blocks options.
Add new content quickly using various layouts.
Edit layouts and reorder Blocks easily.
Finally, replace template text, images, etc. with your own. Use the text editor to format your text.
Preview the step to view it as a learner; publish steps individually.
Overview of all Blocks
35+ Blocks types...
- Three formats for Text: Paragraph, Two-column, and Markdown.
- Five layouts for single Images: Centered, Full width, Image with text, Image with annotations, Text on image.
- Three additional Gallery options for multiple images: Carousel, Two-column, and Three-column.
- Two layouts for Quotes: Quote and Quote with image.
- Six Media options: Video centered, Video full width, Attachments, Audio, Embed, Embed full-width.
- Five Interactive Blocks: Meeting, Accordion, Tabs, Flashcards, and Tasklist.
- Six Assessment Blocks: Paragraph, Multiple-choice, Checkboxes, Matching, Annotated Assessment, and Submit Files.
- Two Title Blocks for headlining a step: Large title and Title with image.
- Three Dividers for neat divisions between Blocks: Horizontal rule, Dots, Spacer.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Autosave content instantly.
- Choose when to publish your updates to the step.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Use the Blocks Style editor to change up the look of your Blocks.
- Copy & paste an existing Block anywhere to create an editable copy.
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.
- Effortlessly create content that is optimized to be displayed and edited on mobile devices.
- Go directly to the help article for each type of Block for more information.
- Any Blocks that involve file uploads are connected to the Media Manager for uploading, editing, and reusing your images and files.
- We now provide direct video (MP4) upload and hosting well as audio (MP3) upload and hosting.
💡Tip: When the text editor is present, you can insert custom data with curly brackets: