Your Pathwright account now comes with one of the most powerful and beautiful content designers available: Blocks. With Blocks, you can quickly design content that's:
- Engaging: convert plain old articles into interactive readings by dropping in flash cards, tabbed sections, quotes, image carousels, and more.
- Fits any screen: all Blocks dynamically adapt to any screen size so your learners can keep on learning on any device, including the phone in their pocket.
- Fully integrated with our Review tools: the Blocks release introduced an updated Review screen.
- Designed with templates to help you use Blocks well.
Read more about blocks in our Blocks Announcement post.
Get started with Blocks
Anyone on your Pathwright account who's an Administrator, Editor, or Course Editor can use Blocks to design content. Teachers can also use Blocks when they create custom learning steps for their Cohort.
To access Blocks within your Pathwright account:
- Create a new Course or load an existing one.
- Create a new Lesson and add a new Step (Watch, Read, etc...), or add a Step to an existing Lesson.
- You'll automatically see a brand new builder with lots of options to pick from.
Tips for designing new content with Blocks
Once you have the Blocks builder open, you'll have 9 categories with 32+ total Blocks options.
Add new content quickly using various layouts.
Edit layouts and reorder Blocks easily.
Finally, replace template text and images with your own. Use the text editor to format your text.
Preview the step to view it as a learner; publish steps individually.
What's included in this release
Here's a recap of what's included with the current Blocks release.
32+ Blocks types...
- Three formats for Text: Paragraph, Two-column, and Markdown.
- Five layouts for single Images: Centered, Full width, Image with text, Image with annotations, Text on image.
- Three additional Gallery options for multiple images: Carousel, Two-column, and Three-column.
- Two layouts for Quotes: Quote and Quote with image.
- Six Media options: Video centered, Video full width, Attachments, Audio, Embed, Embed full-width.
- Four Interactive Blocks: Accordion, Tabs, Flashcards, and Tasklist.
- Five Assessment Blocks: Paragraph, Multiple-choice, Checkboxes, Annotated Assessment, and Submit Files.
- Two Title Blocks for headlining a step: Large title and Title with image.
- Three Dividers for neat divisions between Blocks: Horizontal rule, Dots, Spacer.
- All Blocks are mobile optimized to be displayed and edited on mobile devices.
- We now provide direct video (MP4) upload and hosting well as audio (MP3) upload and hosting.
- We've added a brand new Media Manager for uploading, editing, and reusing your images and files.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Insert custom data with curly brackets when the text editor is present:
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Autosave content instantly.
- Choose when to publish your updates to the step.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.
- Upload multiple files at once (new!)
Converting old content to Blocks
Need to convert your current Pathwright content to Blocks? Find Tips for converting old content to Blocks here.