We handle integrations through a really cool tool called Zapier. If the service you want to use integrates with Zapier, then it should be pretty easy to create an integration with Pathwright without any custom code.
You will need to first create a Zapier account and connect it to your Pathwright account.
Once you're connected, you can automate actions with just a few steps.
How does it work?
If you're unfamiliar with Zapier, here's how it works: https://zapier.com/how-it-works/.
So basically, when you're on your dashboard, you can do the following:
- Make a New Zap.
- Select your Trigger & Action and add Filters to further refine the actions.
- Test your Zap.
Search for the app you want to integrate with Pathwright here, to see if is supported: The Zapbook.
Here are just a few:
- Google Sheets, Drive, Docs
- And hundreds more
Triggers are events that initiate a new Action in another app. Here are the Triggers that you can use for Pathwright:
- New student subscription — triggered when a member subscribes to a subscription plan.
- New learning activity – triggered whenever a member completes a tracked activity in Pathwright (completes a step, posts to a discussion, etc.)
- Student course completion — triggered when a member completes a course.
- New school member — triggered when a new member account is created.
- Student unsubscription — triggered when a member unsubscribes from a subscription plan.
- New student class registration — triggered when a member joins a course.
An Action is what happens when a Trigger event is sent to Zapier from another app. Here are the Actions you can use for Pathwright:
- Create registration invitation — used to invite a user to a cohort, and optionally create their user automatically.
- Send an email when a new member joins your school.
- Send an email when a learner completes a certain step or trigger another action when a learner completes a certain step.
- Send yourself a notification when a learner completes a course.
- Send an invitation to join a private course when someone pays you with Shopify, PayPal, or Moonclerk.
- Send a unique invitation code to join a course when you enter an email address to a Google Spreadsheet or other form.
- Send a customized welcome email when a learner enrolls in a particular course or cohort.
- Auto-create new member logins for users that you already have in another app.
💡 Tip: Need to find a certain course ID or offering ID number to enter in Zapier?
- Here's how to find a course ID number for any of your courses. Find the course in your Pathwright account and open "Course Settings." With the Course Settings open, examine the URL. There will be a number at the end of the URL that looks something like this: /manage/resource/12345/. Those ending digits are your course ID number.
- Here's how to find the cohort or class section ID number for any of your courses. Find the course in your Pathwright account and open to the Path (if you use multiple cohorts, you need to be in the cohort, not in the Master). With the Path open, examine the URL. There will be a number at the end of the URL that looks something like this: /12345/path/. Those digits before the word "path" are your class section or Offering_ID number.
- Here's how to find a step source ID. Open to the step you want to use to trigger an event. Copy the digits from the end of the URL. It will look something like this: /path/step/12345678/ (The step source ID is the same for a step across the Master and all cohorts where it's used. If you want to specify the step in a particular cohort, use an additional filter for the cohort.)