Use a Text Matching Block when you want your learners to associate specific items from two lists. For example, have learners match a list of terms and their definitions. You'll be able to add unpaired distractor choices as well. Points are awarded when all pairs on the Block are correctly matched.
Sample Text Matching Block: learner preview mode on the left and edit mode on the right.
How to add a matching Block
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Assessment" then "Matching." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the template text with your own instructions if desired. Add matching text by placing one item in the left column, and the correct matching item in the right column. The right column items will be randomized for the learner to choose from via a drop down list. Add additional matches in the right column as distractors (optional).
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
- Pair text items by entering them in each row. Place the choices in the right column.
- Optionally add extra distractor options in the right column, leaving the left column blank.
- Easily add, edit, delete, and reorder pairs.
- Quickly reuse a Block in the same step by clicking the copy button and editing the copy.
- Optionally add an answer explanation. This will display after the question is answered.
- Require review or let the step autograde the response based on completion.
- Receive notification when an answer is submitted and leave comments, a video, audio, or file in your response, and assign points (optional).
- Select one match for each item and submit their answers. Answers may be selected more than once.
- Complete the assignment in order to mark the step complete.
- Depending on your choices in the step settings, learners can reset their response to take again and view the answer explanation immediately, if provided.
- View points and feedback by email and in-app, when applicable.
Q. How do I adjust points and grading notifications?
A. Open the step settings to adjust these settings and more for the step.
Q. Can I use this Matching Block for images?
A. Not yet, but we'll likely add this as a separate Block in the future.