If your account is on one of our latest plans, your monthly or annual pricing includes the first 1,000 non-staff members with access to your account. A non-staff member is anyone who can access your account as a learner, observer, moderator, teacher, or mentor.
Each plan also includes a set number of staff members who have admin, library editor, course editor, or lead mentor access to the account.
Additional members and staff will be billed according to your plan's sliding-scale pricing, and you can also remove members and staff from counting toward your billing anytime. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
(If you have questions about an older or customized billing plan, please contact us.)
How to reduce fees for additional members
Your plan includes a base number of members (usually, 1,000). When your account exceeds the base number of members included, extra members will automatically be added for an additional fee.
See your plan guide for extra member pricing. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
In order to avoid additional fees for extra members, you can easily bulk remove access from any members who aren't active in your account. You won't lose their data and – depending on your settings – they won't know you removed their access if they happen to sign-in again in the future.
How to safely remove access from inactive members...
- Open your Account Settings from the main menu or your admin Dashboard.
- Open Manage billing.
- Select Configure billing settings.
- Decide whether to automatically grant access on sign-in or not. Save.
💡 If this setting is on, any member who no longer has access will automatically be given full access the next time they sign in. This way, you won't need to automatically grant access should they happen to sign-in again at a future date.
- Now, open the Remove access based on activity card.
- Choose an inactivity period (30, 60, or 90 days) and select Remove access for those members. As more members move into the inactivity periods, you can remove access periodically.
How to remove or restore an individual member's access
To remove an individual member's access to your Pathwright account so they no longer count toward your billing...
- Open "Community" from the main account menu.
- Find the member, and click on the settings icon to the right of his name. Remove access by clicking "Remove access."
Once access is removed, the member won't count towards your monthly billing.
When a member without access signs in, two things may happen depending on the automatically grant access on sign-in setting:
1) If you it toggled on, they will instantly have access restored (they won't even know anything changed).
2) If you have it toggled off, the member will see a message like the one below, prompting them to email your support contact email address:
Restore a member to your Pathwright account
- Open "Community" from the main menu.
- Find the member, and click on the settings icon to the right of his name. You can restore access by clicking "Give access."
All learner data and progress will be kept intact.
💡Tip: Archived members will never be automatically restored upon sign-in.
How to edit staff members
You'll be billed automatically for additional staff members with access that exceed your plan allowance. See your plan guide for staff pricing. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
If you would like to remove some of your staff members...
- Open your Account Settings from the main menu or your Admin Dashboard.
- Open Community and change the filter to "Staff."
- You can revoke access for any staff member or change their role to a member role instead. Select the "additional actions" icon to the right of their name to edit permissions. See more under adjusting permissions for admins and editors.
- To remove a course editor from your billing without revoking all access, you will need to remove them from those specific courses that they are editing.