If your account is on one of our latest plans, your monthly or annual pricing includes the first 1,000 non-staff members with access to your account. A non-staff member is anyone who can access your account as a learner, observer, moderator, teacher, or mentor.
Each plan also includes a set number of staff members who have admin, library editor, course editor, or lead mentor access to the account.
Additional members and staff will be billed according to your plan's sliding-scale pricing, and you can also remove members and staff from counting toward your billing anytime. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
(If you have a questions about an older or customized billing plan, please contact us.)
How to set members to "inactive"
You'll be billed automatically for additional members with access that exceed your plan allowance (usually 1000). See your plan guide for extra member pricing. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
Don't want to be billed for more than 1,000 members? You can set an inactivity period under your billing settings so that members who are not active for a set period of time will be set to "inactive" and not counted toward your billing.
To set members inactive based on their last activity date...
- Open your Account Settings from the main menu or your admin Dashboard.
- Open Manage billing.
- Select Configure billing settings.
- Decide whether to automatically grant access on sign-in or not. Save.
💡 If toggled on, this setting will allow any member who signs in again to be automatically restored to full access. If you don't automatically grant access on sign-in, members will be locked out unless you manually restore their access.
Continue with the next steps...
- Open Remove access based on activity.
- Choose an inactivity period (30, 60, or 90 days) and select Remove access for those members. This action cannot be undone. As more members move into the inactivity periods, you can remove access periodically.
Any non-staff members who have not been active in the number of days you selected will be considered "inactive" and not counted toward your billing.
Whether or not they will be able to restore their own access upon sign-in is controlled by the toggle switch.
Manually set individual members "inactive" or restore access
To remove any member's access to your Pathwright account so they no longer count toward your billing...
- Open "Community" from the main account menu.
- Find the member, and click on the settings icon to the right of his name. Remove access by clicking "Remove access."
Once access is removed, the member will be considered "inactive" and will not count towards your monthly billing.
If an inactive member signs in, and you have "automatically grant access on sign-in" toggled on, they will instantly have access restored.
If you have it toggled off, they will receive a message like this one, prompting them to email your support contact email address:
Restore a member to your Pathwright account
- Open "Community" from the main menu.
- Find the member, and click on the settings icon to the right of his name. You can restore access by clicking "Give access."
All learner data and progress will be kept intact.
💡Tip: Archived members will never be automatically restored upon sign-in.
How to edit staff members
You'll be billed automatically for additional staff members with access that exceed your plan allowance. See your plan guide for staff pricing. Review all plans and pricing FAQs here.
If you would like to remove some of your staff members...
- Open your Account Settings from the main menu or your Admin Dashboard.
- Open Community and change the filter to "Staff."
- You can revoke access for any staff member or change their role to a member role instead. Select the "additional actions" icon to the right of their name to edit permissions. See more under adjusting permissions for admins and editors.
- To remove a course editor from your billing without revoking all access, you will need to remove them from those specific courses that they are editing.