The Tasklist Block is perfect for verifying that the learner has completed certain steps of a project, or tasks that take place outside of the course. For example...
- Check off steps required for a project before submitting the final file.
- Check off exercises done offline.
- Check off required reading.
- Check off hours of practice or volunteering.
A sample Tasklist Block: learner preview mode on the left, edit mode on the right
How to add a tasklist
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Interactive" then "Tasklist." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the template tasklist title and description with your own. Add all required items to your tasklist.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
👉Note: All items in a Tasklist Block series are required. To create a checklist with items that are optional, use a Checkboxes Block instead and don't select any "correct" answers.
- Add, edit, and delete tasks.
- Require review or let the step autograde the response based on completion.
- Receive notification when an answer is submitted and leave comments, a video, audio, or file in your response, and assign points (optional).
- Check off all tasks in order to mark the step complete.
- Depending on your choices in the step settings, learners can reset their response to take again.
- View points and feedback by email and in-app, when applicable.
Q. How do I adjust points and grading notifications?
A. Open the step settings to adjust these settings and more for the step.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.