Easily request a file of any type from a learner. They can upload without leaving their Path and you can review their work upon notification and leave feedback.
Sample Submit Block: learner preview mode on the left and edit mode on the right
When should I use a Submit Block?
Use a Submit Block when....
- You want the learner to upload a file, audio, or video.
- The upload should be visible only to the learner himself and to staff.
- Staff can review the submission and optionally provide feedback and/or points.
How to allow a learner to Submit something
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Assessment" then "Submit." You've added a Block to your step!
- Select the type of file you want learners to submit and optionally add custom instructions. Hit Preview to see what it will look like for learners.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
- Specify what type of file you want learners to upload.
- Add custom instructions.
- Receive notification when a file is submitted.
- Leave text, video, and audio feedback or return a corrected copy.
- Award points (optional).
- Upload an image, audio, or text file up to 100 MB in size.
- Upload a video file up to 1.46 GB.
- Upload from their device, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, or a link to a file.
- Record audio or video on the spot and upload it instantly.
- View feedback and points via email notification and in the interface.
- Replace or access the file later.
Q. How many files can a learner upload?
A. The learner can upload one file per Submit Block. If the learner needs to submit multiple files, you should provide multiple Blocks or encourage learners to combine files into a zip file before uploading. Subsequent uploads will replace the previous file. You can add as many Submit Blocks per step or course as you like. Learners will be required to submit something to each Submit Block on a particular step in order to complete the step. Consider using optional steps for optional submissions.
Q. I want the learner to type their answer directly in the step. How do I do that?
A. No problem. Add the Paragraph Block to your step. Learners can type and paste text and links into their response.
Q. I want other learners to provide peer review. How can other learners see what is uploaded?
A. Other learners can't see submissions here, but you can ask learners to upload their files to the course discussions in addition to or in place of using the Submit Block.