You can embed just about anything that provides a secure embed code with the Embed Block.
Sample Video Embed: learner preview mode on left and edit mode on right
Sample Audio Embed: learner preview mode on left and edit mode on right
What can I embed?
Most commonly, this is used to embed video, audio, and surveys from third-party services, such as:
- Videos from Vimeo, YouTube, Wistia, etc
- Audio from SoundCloud, SermonAudio, etc.
- Surveys from Typeform, Google Forms, etc.
- Also embed PDFs from Scribd, slide presentations from Google Slides, and more.
How to embed just about anything
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Media" then "Embed Centered," or "Embed Full Width." You've added an Embed Block to your step!
- Paste in your URL (or paste the full embed code into the appropriate field).
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
With the embed Block, you can...
- Embed via URL
- Embed via full embed code and edit the code
- Easily reorder and reuse the finished Block in the same step
Q. Can you host my video or audio content?
A. Yes, use a Video Block ("Video Full Width" or "Video Centered") to upload your videos directly. Use an Audio Block to upload your audio files. You can also build your own surveys using the "Paragraph" and "Checkbox" questions under "Assessments."
Q. Why isn't my private video showing up for learners?
A. Private YouTube videos cannot be viewed by learners when embedded. Use the Unlisted setting instead.
Private Vimeo videos that are restricted to certain domains for embedding will need both your domain (.pathwright.com or your custom domain) and the following domain whitelisted: cdn.iframe.ly
Q. Can I link out to third-party content with a hyperlink instead?
A. Absolutely. Add any text block and then highlight the text you'd like to hyperlink. In the editor that pops up, select the hyperlink button. Enter your link and then hit Enter.
Q, Can I embed a button link?
A. Yes. Paste in the code below, replace the hyperlink, text, and color code if desired, and you'll have a simple button link. Find more color codes here.
<p style="text-align: center;">
<a class="Button large primary rounded" style="background-color:#2980b9" href="https://yourlinkhere.com" target="_blank">Sign up here</a>
Q. Can I embed using SCORM?
A. We are currently unable to export to or import from SCORM. We've been looking into the new Tin Can version of SCORM since it is a better, more future-oriented version, but we don't have a timeline for implementing it.
Q. Can I embed ____?
A. You can embed content created in a third party program within a step on Pathwright as long as it meets the following criteria:
- It provides an embed code or supports embedding from the URL.
- It's hosted on a server that is under https (a secure connection).
- It's no wider than 900px (or it should adapt responsively to the screen width, ideally).
- You have permission to use the material.
If the embed code provided by the third-party service does not load correctly, you can create an iframe by inserting the following code into the embed field:
<iframe src="https://myurl.html" width="900" height="500"></iframe>
Now, change the URL (using https://) to point to where your hosted file is stored. You can adjust the height and width if needed.
Q. My Typeform isn't embedding correctly on mobile, what do I do?
A. For a responsive embed code for Typeform, replace the URL in the code below with your own and paste in as an embed code:
<div class="typeform-widget" style="width: 100%; height:600px;"><div class="typeform-wrapper" style="position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%;"><iframe id="typeform-full" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" src="https://yourbrand.typeform.com/yourID001">span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker"</iframe></div></div>
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.