Add a Paragraph Block to your step to add written content; add a Two-column Block to compare and contrast text in side-by-side columns. Easily mix and match with other Block types for variety.
How to add text
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Text" then "Paragraph" or "Two-column." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the template text with your own. Highlight any text and the formatting options will pop up.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
Within a text Block, you can...
- Add headers
- Bold, italicize, or underline text
- Add bulleted or numbered lists
- Change text justification
- Add subscripts and superscripts
- Select from available text styles and colors
- Add a hyperlink to an external site (opens in new tab)
- Use the </> button to convert to code (monospace font and syntax highlighting)
- Use the Tx button to strip all formatting
Q. How do I add a new hyperlink?
A. Highlight the text you'd like to hyperlink. In the editor that pops up, select the hyperlink button. Enter your link and then hit Enter.
Q. How do I add an image?
A. To add an image, add a new Block. Select the "Text with Image Block" to add text alongside an image or use another image Block type between text Blocks.
Q. How do I link to a file hosted in my Media Manager?
A. Add a new Block. Select Media, then add the Attachments Block to add a file from your Media Manager or upload a new file.
Q. What font is used for the text?
A. Basic text uses the following font style:
font-family: FreightText, Georgia, serif;
Other fonts used include:
font-family: proximanova, “Helvetica neue”, sans-serif;
Q. How do I add custom styles to my text?
A. Custom CSS is not currently supported in Blocks (more styling options coming soon).
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).