Add a Paragraph Block to your step to add written content; add a Two-column Block to compare and contrast text in side-by-side columns. Easily mix and match with other Block types for variety.
Sample text: learner preview mode on the left and edit mode on the right
How to add text
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Text" then "Paragraph" or "Two-column." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the template text with your own. Highlight any text and the formatting options will pop up.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
Within a text Block, you can...
- Add headers
- Bold, italicize, or underline text
- Add bulleted or numbered lists
- Change text justification
- Add subscripts and superscripts
- Select from available text styles and colors
- Add a hyperlink to an external site (opens in new tab)
- Use the </> button to convert to code (monospace font and syntax highlighting)
- Use the Tx button to strip all formatting
Q. How do I add a new hyperlink?
A. Highlight the text you'd like to hyperlink. In the editor that pops up, select the hyperlink button. Enter your link and then hit Enter.
Q. How do I add an image?
A. To add an image, add a new Block. Select the "Text with Image Block" to add text alongside an image or use another image Block type between text Blocks.
Q. How do I link to a file hosted in my Media Manager?
A. Add a new Block. Select Media, then add the Attachments Block to add a file from your Media Manager or upload a new file.
Q. What font is used for the text?
A. Basic text uses the following font style:
font-family: FreightText, Georgia, serif;
Other fonts used include:
font-family: proximanova, “Helvetica neue”, sans-serif;
Q. How do I add custom styles to my text?
A. Custom CSS is not currently supported in Blocks (we hope to support multiple fonts and other styles in the future).
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).