When you first create a Pathwright account, you will be set as the sole admin of your school and the owner of the account. If you work with other teammates, content specialists, or designers who need the ability to edit the branding of the school, update billing, create courses, or help you manage your learners, you'll be able to invite them to join your school staff in the admin or editor role.
Not sure which role to use? Learn more about Pathwright member roles.
Invite an administrator or library editor
To invite a new user as admin or library editor...
- Select "Community" from the main menu in the upper left corner of your account or from your Dashboard.
- Select the "Invite" button in the top right corner of the screen that opens up.
- Enter an email address to invite that individual to join instantly or click "get a shareable link" to copy and share the invite link another way.
- Before sending, be sure to select "join as an administrator" or "join as an editor."
- Optionally, add a custom message before hitting "Send."
Once the invitation is received, the recipient will click a link to set up an account within the school with the role you indicated.
💡 Tip: Click "get a shareable link" to copy an invitation link that you can paste anywhere, including an instant message or your personal email.
Promote a current member to an admin or library editor
To modify the privileges of an existing member, open "Community" from the main menu. Find the member, and click on the settings icon next to his name. Select "Make administrator" to change the member's role to admin. Select "Make editor" to give the member editor privileges.
Invite a course editor to one course
To invite someone to a single course as course editor...
- Open the Course Settings.
- Select "Editors."
- Enter an email address to invite that individual to join as a course editor instantly or click "get a shareable link" to copy and share the invite link another way.
Once the invitation is received, the recipient will click a link to set up an account within the school or sign in and join the course as course editor.
Removing an admin or editor
To revoke admin privileges for an admin or library editor, open "Community" from the main menu. Find the staff member, and click on the settings icon next to his name. Select "Make member" to remove admin or editor access. The individual will retain access to any courses he or she is enrolled in, but will no longer have staff privileges.
To revoke access for a course editor, go to Course Settings and select "Editors." Click the additional actions icon to the right of the course editor's name and select "Remove editor."
Need to remove access completely? See remove or restore access for any Pathwright member.
💡 Tip: Your school will need to be activated on one of our pricing plans before you can invite others to join. Check your plan to see how many staff members are included.