The ability to reuse content is crucial to most online learning management, so we have provided three unique ways to replicate and reuse your material in different settings.
Create multiple cohorts from a single course
This feature is currently unique to Pathwright, so let's define some terms.
- A Course is the topic you're teaching and it's first thing you will create in your Pathwright school. A course might be "Photography 101" or "Introduction to Business Ethics" or "Advanced Web Design." You get the picture.
- Within a course, you will build out the Master version. The Master is your course Blueprint or Master copy. It contains all your course content.
- A cohort is a single offering of your course to a group of learners.
Each new cohort will generate with the exact same content and you'll be able to keep all cohorts up to date by making your edits once in the Master version of the Path. You will be able to customize each cohort and offer them at different price points and/or on different schedules.
To request to have multiple cohorts turned on, contact us at email@example.com. This feature requires the Complete Plan or its equivalent on an older plan.
Duplicate a course
A course copy can be used if you have a master course that you would like to break into several shorter courses with the same or similar content. A course copy is also useful if you need another version of a course that is significantly different but structured similarly or shares some content (a translation, etc.).
To create a full or partial course copy...
- First create a new course (click for instructions if this is your first time adding a course).
- Then open the course you are copying from and the new course you are copy content to in parallel browser windows.
- Follow the "copy + paste" instructions below for each Lesson. Each Lesson can be copied over in two clicks.
Copy + paste lessons and steps
You can copy and paste lessons and steps on the same course Path or from one course to another. Here's how to use instant copy + paste:
- Open the course Path that you'd like to copy from and switch to "Edit" mode.
- Tap the copy icon to the right of the Lesson or Step you'd like to copy.
- Now, locate where you'd like to paste the content. If you copied a Lesson, you'll see a highlighted "paste" icon to the right of the "Add another lesson" area. If you copied a step, you'll see the paste icon to the right of the "Add a step..." option.
- Once you know where you want to paste, just tap the paste icon. Voilá! You've just copy + pasted ✨. The entire Step or Lesson and all its content has been copied over.
Learn more and find a video demo in this article: "Copy and paste lessons and steps."