The ability to reuse content is crucial to most online learning management, so we have provided three unique ways to replicate and reuse your material in different settings.
Create multiple Cohorts from a single course
This feature is currently unique to Pathwright, so let's define some terms.
- A Course is the topic you're teaching and it's first thing you will create in your Pathwright school. A course might be "Photography 101" or "Introduction to Business Ethics" or "Advanced Web Design." You get the picture.
- Within a Course, you will build out the Source Path. A good way to think about your Source is as your best and most current version of the Course with all the core content.
- A Cohort is a unique group of people moving through your Course together. Cohorts can have their own teachers, moderators, learners, schedules, prices, and even unique Steps or Lessons in their Cohort Path. Cohorts maintain a link to the Source Path which enables you to keep many Cohorts going at once while keeping everything up to date.
Each new Cohort will generate with the exact same content and you'll be able to keep all Cohorts up to date by making your edits once in the Source version of the Path. You will be able to customize each Cohort and offer them at different price points and/or on different schedules.
If you already have this setup, simply add a new Cohort.
To request to have multiple Cohorts turned on, contact us at email@example.com. This feature requires the Complete Plan or its equivalent on an older plan.
Duplicate a Course
A Course copy can be used if you have a Course that you'd like to break into several shorter courses with the same or similar content. A Course copy is also useful if you need another version of a Course that is significantly different but structured similarly or shares some content (a translation, etc.).
To create a full Course copy...
- Find your Course on your home page or in your Library.
- Open the Course Settings, find the Copy button, and click it. Voilá! Your new course copy will be ready within seconds.
- Click "View Course" to go directly to the new duplicate Course.
Here's where to find that Copy button...
From your Teach or Design tab on your home page:
From the Course Settings anywhere else you may be viewing your course (open Course Settings, then More Settings):
Copy + paste individual lessons and steps
If you just want to reuse some of your content, you can copy and paste lessons and steps on the same course Path or from one course to another. Here's how to use instant copy + paste:
- Open the course Path that you'd like to copy from and switch to "Edit" mode if necessary.
- Tap the copy icon to the right of the Lesson or Step you'd like to copy.
- Now, locate where you'd like to paste the content. If you copied a Lesson, you'll see a highlighted "paste" icon to the right of the "Add another lesson" area. If you copied a step, you'll see the paste icon to the right of the "Add a step..." option.
- Once you know where you want to paste, just tap the paste icon. Voilá! You've just copy + pasted ✨. The entire Step or Lesson and all its content has been copied over.
Learn more and find a video demo in this article: "Copy and paste lessons and steps."