For admins and editors
If you create a new course from your Teach tab, you'll be automatically set as the teacher. If you've created a new cohort, or you need to teach a course created under the Design tab or by another staff member, you may need to enroll yourself as a teacher in the course.
Enroll yourself as the teacher
Set yourself as the teacher of an existing course so that...
- The course or cohort will show up under your Teach tab when you first log in.
- Learners will see you listed at the top of the course Path and can contact you by email.
- You will receive notifications about discussions and work that needs grading in that course or cohort.
Here's how to set yourself as Teacher:
- Open the course to the Path and select the “Invite Staff” button at the top of the page directly underneath the course title.
- Enter your email address to send an invitation link to your email.
- OR select "get shareable link" and select the option to "Join as teacher." Copy the link to your clipboard and then paste the link into a new browser tab while logged in and you will be automatically enrolled.
If that doesn't work, and you think you may have been previously enrolled in the course, contact email@example.com and we'll help you recover your previous enrollment.
Remove yourself from the teacher role
As an admin, you can also remove yourself from teaching a course. Remove yourself so that...
- The course or cohort will not show up on your Teach tab when you first log in.
- Learners will not see you listed at the top of the course Path and can contact you by email.
- You will not receive notifications about discussions and work that needs grading in that course or cohort.
To remove yourself (or anyone else) from teaching a course, hover over the profile picture for the individual at the top of the course Path with your cursor, or tap on the picture. It will open up and you'll see a drop down menu in the upper right corner under the arrow icon. Select "remove from group."
Invite someone else to teach
Want to invite someone else to teach instead? Follow the instructions for inviting someone to your course and be sure to select the teacher role before you send.