Following the upgrade to Stripe Checkout on December 16th, 2020, whenever someone purchases a course or subscription from your Stripe-connected school, they'll be directed to the new Stripe Checkout which provides significant enhancements:
- Optimized to reduce friction with real-time card validation and translation
- Support for Apple Pay & Google Pay makes paying from a mobile device far easier
- Option to store their information and credit card to make return purchase quicker and easier.
- New 3D Secure protocol for compliance with the EU SCA regulations so you won't lose revenue from customers purchasing in the EU after banks start enforcing the SCA (Strong Customer Authentication) policy on January 1st.
- And more...
Once they complete the checkout process, they'll be redirected back to your Pathwright account with their course ready to take and/or subscription activated, whichever is the case.
You don't need to do anything to ensure your payments go through, and they'll go into your Stripe account just like before.
Here are two things to keep in mind:
- The new checkout flow is scheduled for December 16th, at 9 pm EST. Payments will be momentarily paused while the upgrade is deployed, but we expect this to take less than one hour (you'll be able to follow along on our Status Page). If someone encounters a payment during the brief upgrade window, they'll see a message to the effect of: "Payments under maintenance. Please check back shortly to complete your purchase.")
- You can optionally customize the settings and branding for your Stripe Checkout by visiting this link and signing in with your Stripe account. For instance, you can choose whether to accept payment with Apple Pay and Google Pay.