We are often asked how to upload an existing PowerPoint or other visual presentation to a course along with audio. This can be an effective way to take materials that you have used to teach in-person and convert them into a multi-media online learning step. Here's a quick overview.
- Attach your presentation file. Use an Attachments Block to upload your file. Learners can preview the file or download to their device. Save your presentation as a PDF file before uploading if you do not want to allow learners to edit the file after downloading.
- Embed your PowerPoint, KeyNote, GoogleSlides, SlideShare, or Prezi presentation. You can embed your PowerPoint by hosting it on Google Slides, or by saving it as a PDF and then uploading it to Scribd, which will give you a secure embed code. Make your file private, and use the "Slideshow" type under embed options. Add the embed code provided to an Embed Block.
PowerPoint with voice-over
- Most versions of PowerPoint allow you to add voice-over to a presentation. Search Google for help if you don't know how to add voice-over in your version.
- After adding the voice-over, save the file as an MP4 file (a video file type), then upload it to a Video Block.
Presentation with separate audio
- Record your audio and upload to an Audio Block.
- Embed or attach your PowerPoint, KeyNote, SlideShare, or Prezi presentation on the same page along with the audio. You can embed your PowerPoint by hosting it on Google Slides or by saving it as a PDF and then uploading it to Scribd, which will give you a secure embed code. Make your file private, and use the "Slideshow" type under embed options. Add the embed code provided to an Embed Block.
Simple image slides
- Create a very simple slideshow with the new Carousel Block. Learners will be able to advance at their own pace through a series of images or slides that you upload.
*Other types of presentations can be embedded as long as they provide a secure (https) embed code.