It is possible to append a discount code to a registration link so that when anyone clicks the link, they see the discount automatically applied without having to manually enter the code.
This can be used to....
- Offer a free one-month trial on a monthly subscription plan.
- Automatically provide a discount when someone enrolls as an observer or moderator via shared invite link.
- Award scholarships without the extra friction of entering a code.
- Create discount codes with the specifications you'll need for your promo or special discount.
- Locate the shareable registration link. For a course, use the shareable invite link. For a subscription plan, click "Subscribe" on your main menu and copy the URL from your web browser.
- Add one of the following to the end of the link from step #2 above.
/?coupon= (use this in most cases)
/&coupon= (use this when another /? argument appears earlier in the link)
- Add the discount code to the end of the link following /?coupon= or /&coupon=.
Your final link should look something like these examples...
Link for public subscription plan: https://youraccount.pathwright.com/subscribe/?coupon=DISCOUNTCODE
Shareable registration link for a public course: https://youraccount.pathwright.com/library/course-name-12345/register/23456/?coupon=DISCOUNTCODE
Shareable or single-use registration link for an invite-only course: https://youraccount.pathwright.com/library/course-name-12345/register/23456/?ic=eyJ0eXAiOiFAKEiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpbnZpcodeHlwZSI6MSwic2Nob29sX2lkIjo3ODg4LCJzZW5kZXJfaCODEjU2MjQ4LCJvZmZlcmluSO9pZfakezEzNTYsInJvbGUiOjV9.Q3Ioqdrba8FAKE2iNkpvYVaR7tj2fpI1iLOL5IX0ycM&coupon=DISCOUNTCODE