Add interactive Flashcards to your course to help learners test their recall, or engage learners by considering a new question, image, or audio clip, then flipping the card to learn more.
How to create Flashcards
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Interactive" then "Flashcards." You've added a Block to your step!
- Add text, images, and/or an audio clip to both sides of each card, using the Media Manager to insert your files.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
Editing a Flashcard
- Type on the card to add text.
- Select the image icon to switch from text-only to image with optional text and upload an image file (or .gif!). Use the same button (now displaying text icon) to switch back to text-only.
- Select the audio icon to optionally upload an audio clip to the card.
- Select the arrows icon to flip the card over and edit the reverse side of the card. It will be helpful to use Preview mode to play with the cards as a learner would see them.
- Add multiple Flashcards to a step and add text, images, and audio to each side.
- Use copy & paste the Block to reuse Flashcards on the same step or edit copies. Copy & paste the entire step to reuse elsewhere in the course.
- Upload multiple files at once (new!)
The learner can...
- Flip cards back and forth.
- Play audio file if included. Audio will play on hover and can be repeated by clicking or tapping on the audio icon.
Q. Can the cards be shuffled or edited by the learner?
A. You can drag and drop them into place while you're editing the step, but the learner can't currently shuffle or reorder them. Learners do not have editing access to the Flashcards.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.