If you make your courses accessible to members-only, you'll need to invite people to join a course or create a membership in your Pathwright account in order to view and self-enroll in those courses. If you have already invited someone to join a specific course, you will not need to invite them to join your account.
Invite people to become a learner in your Pathwright account
1. Invite by email
While logged into your Pathwright account as an admin...
- Select "Community" from the main menu in the upper left corner of your account.
- From the Community screen, select the "Invite" button.
- Enter the email addresses of the individuals you wish to invite to join your account as members, separated by commas.
- The invite will default to inviting people as "members" so all you'll need to do is optionally add a personal message and click "Send."
2. Share a private invitation link
If you're looking to invite people to join from your intranet, a Slack channel, or some other communication, using a private invite link is a helpful option. To get a private link:
- Select the "Invite" button from the "Community" screen.
- Select "get a shareable link."
- The role will default to member. Only change this when you are inviting staff members.
- Use the "Copy link" button to copy the link into your computer's clipboard.
- Now simply paste the link anywhere you'd like to use it.
Invite admins and editors to your Pathwright account
To invite someone to join your account with admin or editor access rather than as a learner, follow the steps above, but switch the invite from "invite as member" to the desired role. See more about adding staff members here.
How to check if your invites were sent, failed, or accepted
If you're wondering if someone received your invite yet (or perhaps the dog ate it), then here's how to check the status of all the invites you've ever sent to invite people to your account.
- Open the Invite screen using the "Invite" button under "Community."
- Now, select the "View sent invites" link.
The Sent Invitations screen shows you every invitation you've sent directly from your account. You'll see the person or email invited on the left as well as the role you invited them to.
On the right side, you'll see the status of the invite:
- Pending means the email hasn't been sent yet.
- Sent means it has been sent to their email address.
- Failed means that their email provider rejected the email and they didn't receive it. If this happens more than once for the same person, then sending them their personal invitation link is a good alternative (see instructions for how to do this above).
- Accepted means that they received the email and joined your account.
For each invitation in the list, you also have a few options found under the three vertical dots on the very right side:
- Resend invitation will send the same email again.
- Revoke invitation will make the link already sent no longer work.
- Copy invitation link will copy a private invitation link just for that person to your clipboard to share with them separately. This is a good option if the normal email invite isn't going through because it's being blocked by their ISP or SPAM filter.