You can create categories and place courses into those categories to make it easier for visitors and learners to filter and search your Library, especially if your Library contains a large number of courses.
Categories can be used for public and members-only courses.
Add and edit categories
- To access the category manager from the Library, select the gear icon beside “Category” on the left menu. On smaller screens, this menu can be found under “Filter.”
- To add a new category, select “New Category.” Add a name for your category. This will be displayed on the left menu in the Library. Add a description (optional) to help you remember how you are using this category. Your description will not be displayed to others.
- To edit a category, open "Manage Categories," select a category, and edit the category name.
Add a course to a category
- Open the "Course Settings" of the course you want to categorize. From "Course Settings," open "Configure course info"
- Add the course to pre-existing categories by selecting them from the drop down menu beside "Categories." You'll need to associate each course with each category that you want it included in. A course can be included in multiple categories.
- Need to edit or add a category on the fly? Click the gear icon to the right of "Categories" from this screen to add or edit categories.
Link to categories
If your courses are public, you can send anyone directly to a certain category of courses by clicking on that category, copying the URL, and sharing that link.
If your courses are members-only, you can send existing members directly to a certain category of courses the same way.
If your courses are private, learners will need a direct invite to enroll in the course and the courses will not be displayed anywhere in your Library. Linking to a category containing private courses will not give anyone access to those courses.
See more about course visibility settings here.