A Divider Block is a simple way to add white space or indicate a break between text or other sections of content.
Sample Divider Block: learner preview mode on the left and edit mode on the right
How to add a divider
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Divider" then choose one divider format. You've added a Block to your step!
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
There are three interchangeable styles...
- Horizontal Rule - rule style matches the one found in the Title Block and Quote Blocks
- Dots - three dots, an ellipsis
- Spacer - just white space
Q. How do I insert a divider inside one long Text Block?
A. A divider can't currently be nested inside another Block. Instead, break the text into two separate Blocks and insert the divider in between.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.