A quote is a great way to hook your learner or start a discussion. Use the Quote Block to incorporate quotes beautifully into the flow of your step. Optionally add the author's image with the quote.
How to add a quote
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Quote," then under layouts select "Quote" or "Quote with image." You've added a Block to your step!
- Replace the template text with your own. Highlight any text and the formatting options will pop up. If you've selected the layout with the image, select "Replace Image" to upload an image of your own through the Media Manager.
- Optionally add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
Within the text editor, you can...
- Add headers
- Bold, italicize, or underline text
- Add bulleted or numbered lists
- Select from available text styles and colors
- Add a hyperlink to an external site (opens in new tab)
- Use the fx button to add superscripts and any type of LaTeX math formula
- Use the </> button to convert to code (monospace font and syntax highlighting)
- Use the Tx button to strip all formatting
Q. How do I add a new hyperlink?
A. Highlight the text you'd like to hyperlink. In the editor that pops up, select the hyperlink button. Enter your link and then hit Enter.
Q. How do I add custom styles to my text?
A. Custom CSS is not currently supported in Blocks (more styling options coming soon). You can alternatively create blockquote style text in the Markdown Block.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.