Pathwright now includes direct upload and hosting of your videos (and audio files via the Audio Block) with all plans.
How to upload a new video
- Create a new step on your course Path and open the step.
- Select "Media" then "Video Centered" or "Video Full Width." You've added a Block to your step!
- Select "Replace video" and use the Media Manager to upload and insert your video, or click "Upload" then "Record" to take a new video.
- Optionally update the cover image or add more Blocks. When finished, hit Publish.
The built-in video player includes...
- Upload your own videos up to 1.5 gigabytes each
- Upload .mp4 and .mov
- Optionally record videos on the spot and upload instantly
- Toggle between full-width and centered formats.
- Play/pause button (no autoplay currently)
- Manual "scrubbing" or adjusting your place on the video
- Adjust speed up to 5x faster, or slow to 0.5 or 0.1 speed
- Adjust volume
- Optionally allow learners to download
- Upload multiple files at once (new!)
Q. I host my videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or elsewhere. Can I still embed a video from a third-party hosting service?
A. Yes, use an Embed Block to embed videos from another host.
Q. Is there a storage limit? Can I bulk-upload videos to Pathwright?
A. There is no overall storage limit, and you can upload 5-15 files at a time, depending on type. Please let us know if you would like help with a large project.
Q. Can you host a live video stream or webinar?
A. We do not directly host your live video stream or webinar, but you can list a live video stream hosted by Zoom, Skype, YouTube Live, etc. and you can upload your recorded session afterward.
Q. Can I allow my learners to upload videos?
A. Yes, learners can submit all files, including video files, via the Submit Block.
All Blocks enable you to...
- Toggle between similar layouts.
- Duplicate the Block to edit and reuse on the same step.
- Reorder Blocks up and down the page.
- Insert additional Blocks above or below.
- Delete Blocks.
- Preview the entire step as a learner.
- Undo previous edits (Control+Z to undo your last edit to text, or click "Publish," then "Discard" to undo all edits since you last published the step).
- Copy & paste the entire step or lesson and reuse in the same course or another course.