If you're wondering if someone received your invite yet (or perhaps the dog ate it), then you may want to check on the status of your invites and maybe resend or correct any that haven't gotten through.
Here's how to check the status of all the invites you've ever sent to a particular course group:
- Open the Invite screen using the "Invite" button at the top of the Path or from the Learners screen.
- Now, select the "View sent invites" link in the header area just under the Group name. This will open the Sent Invitations screen.
The Sent Invitations screen shows you every invitation you've sent. You'll see the person or email invited on the left as well as the role you invited them to.
On the right side, you'll see the status of the invite:
- Queued means the email hasn't been sent yet. Queued invites should finish sending within a few minutes.
- Sent means it has been sent to their email address.
- Opened means that the email has been reported as opened.
- Accepted means that they opened the email, clicked on the invite link, and joined your private group.
- Rejected means that their email provider rejected the email and they didn't receive it, or the email address is incorrect or invalid. If this happens more than once for the same person and it's a valid email address, then sending them their personal invitation link is a good alternative (see instructions for how to do this below).
Resend or revoke invites
For each invitation in the list, you also have a few options found under the three vertical dots on the right side:
- Resend invitation will send the same email again.
- Revoke invitation will make the link already sent no longer work.
- Copy invitation link will copy a private invitation link just for that person to your clipboard to share with them separately. This is a good option if the normal email invite isn't going through because it's being blocked by their ISP or SPAM filter.
You can also view the status of invitations to your account. Open "Community" from the main account menu, then go to "Invite" then "View sent invites."